CSOS: Go-to-Market Strategy
The first component of the CSOS we are going to look at is GTM or sales coverage strategy.
Some estimate that making the wrong decision in the right hire can cost your company as much as $1M in the first six months, and most of that is connected to lost opportunity cost. Doing this correctly is essential. And the same is true if you deploy the wrong model and then have to change it.
Which model is best for you and why? Inside Sales or Outside? Reseller or Referral Partners? Business Development or Technical Support? The options and combinations are endless, and the key is making sure you get the highest return at the lowest cost. When I look at putting together the right model, I focus on twelve different data points that help me draw my conclusions.
Here are a few of those data points:
• Length of the sales cycle
• How fragmented your market is
• The one-time sale or repetitive
• ASP (Average Sales Price)
• Stickiness or how proprietary your offering is
Taking a look at each of these and more can help ensure that you pick the right model. If you’re like most companies, you can spend up to 50% of your revenues back into sales. With so much at risk, it pays to have a professional make sure you have it correct for just a fraction of the cost.
▪ Recommended resource changes
▪ Timing of changes
▪ Estimates revenue improvements & possible cost savings
▪ Bench marking comparisons for your industry where available